Please review ALL qualifications & guidelines before submitting.
- Must be willing to give the rights to your novel in ebook & print form for TWO years.
- Must be willing to give the rights to your novel in ebook, print & audio form if you desire it to be produced for audiobook for SEVEN years.
- Must be active on social media platforms.
- Must be willing to work with the designer and editor during the publishing process.
- Must be willing to market and promote your novel.
- Submissions are accepted by email only.
- Include the following information about your novel:
- Word Count
- Series or Standalone. If it’s a series, please tell us how many books you plan on including in the series.
- Your legal name and pen name, if one is used.
- Attach the full manuscript. We accept Microsoft Word documents, please format it according to our formatting guidelines listed below.
- Please email the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All files should be in a Microsoft Word document.
- Layout: 8.5×11
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12pt
- Line Spacing: Single
- Use formatted, indented paragraphs ONLY. Please no tabs or spaces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I choose Kingston Publishing Company?
Kingston Publishing Company began as a place where we could help authors achieve their dream. We have always been a company that works closely together. Not only does our staff work with our authors closely every step of the way, but our authors do too. Our team and authors help one another to promote their works.
My novel was previously self-published. Can I still submit it?
Yes. We entertain all submissions. The novel must NOT be currently published anywhere and you MUST hold the rights to it.
Will you be making any major plot changes or changing the title of my book?
Our team carefully reviews your novel during the publishing process. We do not make any major changes to the novel without consulting you as the author.
I’ve already had a cover made for my book, will I still be able to use this cover?
Our cover designer works closely with you, as the author, to bring your cover vision to life. Any previously purchased covers will be carefully reviewed to see if it meets the company standards. A book cover is the first thing the reader sees and you want it to sell.
During the editing process, will I get any say?
Once you submit a final manuscript, an editor works closely with you during the editing process.
Can I still have Beta Readers?
Yes, just be careful as many beta readers tend to leave reviews based off the unedited version you send them instead of the final copy.
Who pays for marketing and advertising of my novel?
All marketing and advertising expenses are paid for by the company. We do cover reveals, a release day blitz, blog tours, giveaways, sales and promotions, etc. Your book will also be advertised on our website, newsletters, and social media pages. However, we do strongly suggest you market and advertise your book as well, since you’re the best promotion for your book.
Does Kingston Publishing Company work to get their books into stores?
All of our books are available platform wide and through Ingram for bookstores and libraries to order, but they will not automatically be on the shelves. We suggest that you, as the author, go in and talk to your local bookstores. You can host local book signings with them and convince them to order your novel Building a relationship with your local stores will be key to increasing your exposure to new readers.
Will I be able to buy print books at a discounted price?
Yes. Our authors are given a 40% discount.
How is the price of my book determined?
Our books are priced according to final, formatted page count.
Do you offer an advance?
What are your average sales per author per book?
This will vary from author to author and book to book. Some genres sell better than others. The better your author presence and promotions, the better chance of seeing higher sales.
Can I share excerpts from my book on social media?
As long as it does not exceed 10%.
Will I get an ARC copy?
Yes. You will be provided with an ebook copy of your novel.
Will you provide swag or marketing material?
We provide the book covers and a teaser. If other items are needed, our designer can design those for you as well.
Will I be able to do a giveaway for my book?
Yes, you will be provided with an ebook copy of your novel for promotions. You can purchase paperback copies for print giveaways.